Jeans are a timeless piece of clothing, whether elastic, flared, straight, embellished with rhinestones and stones, etc. .. it has become part of the list of must-haves of each individual.
Jeans can be made with different materials, such as cotton, polyester, microfibre, etc … and depending on the material they are made of, they lose more or less color after each washing until an anonymous appearance is obtained. Therefore we suggest you how to discolor jeans to give them “new life” and customize them according to personal taste:
- Place one or more jeans in a large laundry basin.
- Fill the bowl with 1/3 of hot water and 2/3 of bleach.
- This solution will make your jeans discolored.
- Soak for at least 3 hours depending on the degree of discoloration you want and the material of the jeans (if it is more or less resistant).
- After a useful time you can rub, with the help of a brush, to get some trendy streaks.
- At this point, squeeze your head and let it dry in the sun, possibly in the hottest hours, as the sun, together with sodium hypochlorite, will whiten your jeans.
- However, leave for a few days in the sun.
- Once you have removed your jeans, if you are not impressed with the effect obtained, you can repeat all the operations or if you wish to obtain a nuanced effect only in certain areas of the garment, such as your pocket, knees, etc. .. you can repeat the procedure only in those specific areas.
- For an even more original touch it is possible to create a “splashed” effect in some areas of the jeans, such as the waist, going to apply pure bleach only in small points, perhaps helping you with a syringe deprived of the needle and after 3- 4 hours, proceed to a common wash.
However, it is advisable to perform these operations only for jeans that are already old and worn as the bleach will make your garment more delicate and prone to tearing, it would be a shame, therefore, to experiment with newly purchased jeans.